This latest release builds upon industry-leading ONYX software version 12.2, a seven-time award winner for business solutions, color management, RIP and print workflow solutions in 2017 and 2018. The new Ony 18 version brings a new color experience with next level power and reliability and dynamic tools print productivity for superior output print service providers can prove to their customers.
“ONYX 18 disrupts the status quo of existing print solutions. This version puts the power of ONYX into the hands of print service providers to go after that big account and distinguish themselves against their competition with stunning output quality they can literally prove to their customers.” – Bryan Manwaring, Director of Product Marketing, Onyx Graphics, Inc.
ONYX 18 introduces new color technologies for color accuracy, consistency and conformance to standards such as G7 and Fogra that print service providers can prove to their customers; and is the first solution compatible with iccMAX, the new standard recommended by the ICC for all wide- and grand-format print applications including textile and soft signage. The new release brings next level power and reliability to the entire portfolio of ONYX products with the latest Adobe® PDF Print Engine (APPE 4.8), a high speed, high fidelity print platform for increased consistency and reliability across proofing cycles. Combined with new dynamic tools for print production and optimized out-of-the-box presets, ONYX 18 delivers fast, superior output for all wide-format printing applications.
64-bit Platform: Speed Plus Performance
The power of a next-generation, all 64-bit platform
- Process more files in less time with RIP speeds that are twice as fast.
- Take complete advantage of a fully integrated 64-bit platform to setup jobs, move files and open applications quickly.
- ONYX 18 software maximizes the full capability of your hardware investment on 64-bit Windows® OS platforms.
- Boost overall performance with the latest 64-bit Adobe® PDF Print Engine.
Simplified Production: Easy to Use
Save time on every job with new tools and a visual interface
- Identify jobs and navigate quickly with a new visual user interface that introduces thumbnail previews.
- Interactive, colour-managed job previews that display edits on the fly.
- In a single window, simultaneously view printer information, nesting previews, and job details.
- Quickly access media, page size and placement strategies with a single mouse click.
Application Tools: Do More Faster
Automate finishing functions and create new revenue opportunities
- The bleed tool allows you to produce a variety of new applications, and improve existing workflows, without the need to redesign the original artwork
- Combine bleed with automatic cut path generation to eliminate white space in print-and-cut jobs
- Create prints with grommet marks that ensure accurate grommet placement and finish-ready prints
- Have confidence applying white and specialty inks to any file type using the redesigned Spot Layer Tool
A New Color Experience
- ColorCheck™, a new approach to process control that enables print service providers to guarantee color accuracy to their customers as well as ensure consistency of output
- across devices over time.
- ColorCheck ensures conformance to standards including G7 and Fogra as well as baseline testing for process control and in-product indicators for printer recalibration.
- ONYX Color™, the industry leading color engine, includes core enhancements for improved black ink combinations that gives increased shadow detail, texture and definition.
- Increased saturation of reds and oranges without compromising ink savings. Special application benefits include textile and soft signage.
- ONYX 18 is the first iccMAX-compatible solution, a new standard recommended by the ICC for all wide- and grand-format applications including soft signage and textile.
- PosterColor 2.0, a technology first introduced to the industry by Onyx Graphics, uses next generation smart rendering intent to boost saturation of solid colors for added ‘pop’ across all image types.
Next Level Power and Reliability
- APPE 4.8 accelerates processing for patterns and soft masks with super-fast algorithms for rendering complex file types resulting in big performance gains.
- APPE 4.8 brings spot color handling with up to 127 channels that can be specified and used in any given region.
- Accuboost, new for ONYX 18, is an iterative ICC profiling technique for pinpoint accuracy of ICC profiles.
Dynamic Tools for Productivity
New dynamic tools for print productivity including:
- Swatchbook quick search functionality.
- Swatchbook support for specialty ink including white and metallics to print on any material.
- Easy crop positioning during job preparation.
- Step and Repeat functionality is now included in ONYX Thrive, enabling users to create patterns with all image types for a variety of print applications including print-and-cut workflows and textile applications.
- Larger nesting previews to see before you print.
- Nest rotation to match printer set-up.